Thursday 12 July 2012

Stage Fright


   
This is the first ever Charity Concert I have ever get involved. My performence here is a bit shaky and you can tell by my body langage I'm quite nervous. My friend, Soraya who sang the first verse is used to this kinda thing. She's kinda like a performer herself. This is my first big performence. I thought I'm cool but I get down here. I'm about to pull myself out from this thingy but I would regret my whole life because this is the most great opportunities Madam Mimi ( Teacher in charge) have ever gives to any people in my class. I did forget some lyrics though but who cares, I did it! Yeah so enjoy~ 

You know that feeling when you're riding a roller coaster? Yeah I think I experience it without riding on one by standing in front of the stage with all eyes on you! Stage fright~ Yup I experience it since high school. It happened during our Music class where girls have to sing this perfectly high pitched song ("Sally Garden" something like that) and I guess you have stage fright when you're singing in front of people. I wanted people to love my voice and amazed them but i ended up by sounding so horrible ( like a squeking mouse) and it was so embarrassing! I didn't know I can sing until I reached 16. Sad right? 

Why do we have stage fright? For my case, it's because I wanted to impress people I don't know. Insecurities and I wanted people to be amazed by my so-called talent. High expectation from the crew makes me even nervous. I missed all the fun of performing because I let my fear control me. I let it in, after the show I actually enjoyed it. During the performence I'm too nervous I actually gave a little squek. People don't have to be impressed by your talent, just know what you are capable of and let it go. Yeah true it's easy to be said than done, but this performing thingy show me one thing, you don't know what you are capable of unless you show your strunt~ It was an amazing feeling :')

Good luck guys and don't be afraid of facing people. It's normal to feel embarrassed and stage fright happens because you can't help it, just remind yourself that if you're not doing it now, when are you going to do it then~ Remember that you are not the only one who are facing the same feeling. 

True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

All written by Shasha Syahirah